Speed of Results4
Quality of Ingredient6
This is a review of Ambient CR, a prescription sleep aid medication. Ambien CR is a gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A agonist, is indicated for the treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulties with sleep onset and/or sleep maintenance. High levels of anxiety, stress, and tension can lead to insomnia. The inability to fall and/or stay asleep can greatly compromise your quality of life.
We decided to conduct some independent research online. Read on to learn more about this product and whether it is right for your situation.
This is a prescription medication, not a natural supplement. While we know that this product contains zolpidem tartrate extended-release, no other ingredients are provided by the manufacturer.
In order to take this medication, you need to have a prescription from your doctor or physician. Individuals will have different dosing instructions. Tell your physician about all the medicines that you take including prescription and nonprescription medicine, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
This medication has an extremely long list of possible side effects and warnings. Most commonly observed adverse reactions (> 10% in either elderly or adult patients) are: headache, next-day somnolence and dizziness. Other adverse and dangerous reactions include:
- CNS depressant effects: Impaired alertness and motor coordination, including risk of morning impairment. Caution patients against driving and other activities requiring complete mental alertness the morning after use.
- Need to evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses: Revaluate if insomnia persists after 7 to 10 days of use
- Severe anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reactions: Angioedema and anaphylaxis have been reported. Do not rechallenge if such reactions occur.
- “Sleep-driving” and other complex behaviors while not fully awake. Risk increases with dose and use with other CNS depressants and alcohol. Immediately evaluate any new onset behavioral changes.
- Depression: Worsening of depression or, suicidal thinking may occur. Prescribe the least amount of tablets feasible to avoid intentional overdose.
- Respiratory Depression: Consider this risk before prescribing in patients with compromised respiratory function
- Withdrawal effects: Symptoms may occur with rapid dose reduction or discontinuation
- Severe Injuries: Drowsiness may lead to fall including severe injuries
Price will very depending on whether you have health insurance and what your individual policy covers. Prescription drugs can be quite expensive.
There is no money back guarantee available. This is usually the policy for prescription medications. However, as an alternative, there are many natural health supplements that do have money back guarantees.
Conclusion Of Our Ambien CR Review
Selecting a mental health supplement can be confusing. The marketplace is crowded with many products — not all of them are beneficial for your health. This product seems like it may be effective as a coping mechanism for bouts of overwhelming and unexpected stress and insomnia but, it has an extremely long list of possible side effects. Many people may want to stay aware from prescription medications for these reason. Natural health supplements are another treatment option which may be more safe.